Is anyone else shocked to look up and find out we are so close to Memorial Day weekend? That has me as excited as that lady who bought the Chewbacca mask.
On to the week’s stories:
1. Do you care if people see your ad? Or how long they see it? Imagine paying for an ad only if someone saw it longer than five seconds. This should be especially interesting to companies selling products with longer sales cycles.
2. You can’t ignore Snapchat. Just ask these five start-up brands. 100 million users. Averaging 30 minutes on the app daily. With 10 billion video views daily and 14% of its users over 35, Snapchat isn’t going anywhere. You don’t have to like it. But as a marketer you do have to respect it.
3. Movies as viewed through color palettes. This very cool creative project shows how color is used to convey the mood of a movie scene.
In case you missed it…last week’s most read article was all about coffee.
4. Micro-influencers? If you drink/love LaCroix sparkling waters there’s a good chance you’re familiar with these new influencers. You just didn’t realize it. (Damn, marketing wins again!)
5. You’re gonna like this article, I guarantee it. It’s a longer read but wow, what a story about George Zimmer trying to take back his old company Men’s Warhouse.
‘One Question, One Answer’. This week we talk about the future of Facebook. Our panelists give it a collective thumbs up. Next week is our spring finale…thank you for another season of great viewership!
Just for fun: Now that’s thinking outside the box… You can repurpose a Zappos shoebox in a lot of unique ways as it launches its #ImNotABox campaign.